Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Oh nothing

Well, not nothing. I had a busy weekend this last weekend of March. I had a friend come up from Atlanta to visit. The first thing we did was go to the arts and crafts supply store and he bought me some watercolor paper and a paintbrush. He had asked me ahead of time if I would allow him to do that. Then we went to dinner at Rita's Cantina with the family Friday night to visit with Steven who is in from Iraq for a couple of weeks. Joseph took a lot of pictures and I have a hard copy of one of Carmel to give her when I see her. Joseph made sure to have one made before he left.




After dinner I was feeling a little fried from the noise of the restaurant and the excitement of meeting Joseph for the first time. So we drove to a quiet place to just sit and talk for a while. The place turned out to be the parking lot of the Bahai Center. Saturday I did something I hadn't done in a while. We started the day with breakfast at Green Sage in the heart of downtown. Then we went OOOH shopping and art browsing downtown even though it was raining. That was very nice and relaxing. I often wish I had the time or made the time to make that a regular activity. It is more enjoyable of course with a friend. We had homemade soup at my house for lunch and watched a video I had made several years ago for the 1st Day of Ridvan Holy Day and the one for Evan's 15th birthday party, lovingly dubbed by Tag as Evanfest 2001 I think. Then we went to have dinner with mom and dad at their place. Eddie was there too, of course. We had planned to go to a Mary Davis concert at 7:30 so we left Mom and Dad's by 7. The concert was good, but I was exhausted by the end of the night. However, before taking Joseph back to his hotel we went to I Hop for a midnight snack. I got so sleepy I thought I might have trouble driving home, but Joseph talked to me on the way home so I made it no problem. It was a short drive thank goodness.

Let's see....Sunday morning I was feeling the need to get my kitchen cleaned so Joseph came over and watched me wash dishes. We had tuna fish sandwiches and then headed over to the Botannical gardens to snap pictures. Joseph is a photographer when he is not counseling patients or spending time with his children. He brought his nice cameras along and let me borrow one for the day showing me how to adjust the settings to change the images as I felt they needed to be altered. The light didn't want to cooperate. I didn't realize that we spent almost 3 hours there, the time flew by so quickly.

When it got cold, and it did get cold quite quickly, we headed over to Walgreens to put the pictures we had taken onto CDs. This is when he went ahead and had a print made of Carmel from the dinner Friday night. We had an early dinner at Early Girl Eatery, then Joseph dropped me off at my place, visiting for a few minutes, before heading back to Atlanta.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Nice weekend. Sounds lovely. Who is Joseph, other than a friend from Atlanta? Where'd you meet him? Details, woman!

OOOH shopping? Is that what you call window shopping? As in, "OOOOH, LOOK AT THAT!" Or does OOOH stand for something?

Lynn said...

Joseph is a friend I have been talking to since December and we met for the first time that weekend. He contacted me on a Bahai dating site right before I suspended my profile.
And yes, ooh shopping is for "Oooh! Look at that!" You are right. Lee is the one who taught me that term.

Mary said...

It was nice meeting Joseph at dinner that night. He's a nice guy. And it doesn't sound like the family freaked him out or anything, so that's good.