Tuesday, 13 July 2010

A Day in the Life

Today I am washing clothes, scrubbing a bathroom (the guys, not mine) and waiting for a contractor to come and check out the moldy spot on the ceiling in the master bath which the guys use. It looks like a pipe is leaking a little between my unit and the one above me. I wonder if the guys have noticed that spot and just haven't mentioned it to me. I was in there getting towels to wash and saw how yukky the toilet looked and then the shower stall all black and pink, and for some reason I looked up at the nine foot ceiling and noticed the mold.

So, since someone is coming over to check the bathroom I have to clean it or be mortally embarrassed. I have soaked and scrubbed the shower curtain in several cleaners and it has improved, but I don't think it will ever be white again.

I have several jobs I need to do today and this was not one that was on my list. But thankfully, I am not having to be anywhere today so I can hang out here and do some stuff and wait.

I am planning to get together with a friend and her daughter for lunch if the contractors get in and out in time. We'll see.

One thing I would like to do is put some new plants out on my patio since the pansies have all succumbed to heat exposure. But I really can't justify buying flowers right now with money being so tight.

Oh, that reminds me, that one of the things on my list is to talk with an adviser at UNC-A and/or AB-Tech about schooling options. I did not have a good experience doing school and work at the same time, so I am not inclined to want to delve back into that. I know some people can do it, but I have a hard time with it with all my other responsibilities, too. And I'm not going to feel guilty for it. I know my limitations and others don't.

I reckon I'll get dressed and run to the banks so I can be back by 1 when I am expecting the contractors to call.


No comments: