Sunday, 31 August 2008

Up Day

Yesterday was a very nice day. I got to talk to an old friend from my childhood Baha'i summer school days (Nabil). I got to chat online with someone in Australia who has been out on a houseboat trip, though we talked about other stuff and I haven't heard how that went yet. I got my kitchen cleaned, but then dirtied it up by making a pineapple upside down cake for Evan's birthday. I had help from Pookie who I was babysitting because her parents needed some time to process their grief from losing their dog the day before.

I'm going to a nearby town today for a devotional and lunch. It is the Sunday where they sing and do music. I think I'll take my drum. I'm looking forward to this type of meeting which we do not seem to have enough of here in Asheville.

I'm just trying to expand my horizons a bit. Have to be back in time to work for a few hours. Hope I get to vacuum today since I didn't yesterday. Gonna change my sheets, too, I guess when the dog gets off the bed.

New favorite song: "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.

2 comments:

Mary said...

You had quite the busy day. I hope I can remember to call or text Evan for his birthday. I can't believe he is 22, it seems like just yesterday that I was sharing a room with him.

Juno Lucina said...

Happy birthday to Evan. And happy BIRTH day to you, mama. Boy, 22 years ago today--now that was quite a transformation in your life!