I am in the middle almost exactly, of one of the best books (and I have read many) on the subject of dating/courtship/finding a marriage partner, etc. It is called Conscious Courtship: finding someone to love for the rest of your life by Raymond Switzer. In fact I think I will demand that my sons read this book as soon as possible. If I had had access to this book when I was a teenager I think it would or could have made such a difference in my life. I cannot say that I have read a book or anything else that I can say this about. Maybe I'm just in a place in my life where life experiences help me to see the wisdom in it. I don't know.
But if you or someone you know is wanting to eventually get married, I highly, highly recommend this book. I could have been saved some heartache if I had read this book a year ago.
I think. I would hope anyway.
I guess that's all for now. I'm going to get back to my reading!
Oh, but before I do, I also wanted to say how my trip to the nearby town went yesterday.
I went to "a nearby town" about an hour drive from here to visit their Bahai community. I had such a wonderful time. I took my African drum with me and we did drumming and singing and praying to piano music. It moved me to tears. It fed my soul! It was sooooo nice! They do that type of devotional once a month and I plan to try to go every month now, even though it uses a lot of gas for me. I will see if anyone wants to go with me next time and we can maybe share the gas (petrol) expense.
Surprisingly I was more outgoing than I usually am at new places with new faces. Anyway, the people were very warm. They had several newly declared Bahais in their community and I enjoyed meeting them and hugging them. I was so high on the way home. So happy and then I got back home or work I should say and a headache came on and knocked me down or else I would have written about this yesterday.
Interesting thing, many people from their community had been up here the weekend before attending the Goombay festival. I wish I had known they were all here, I might have tried to see them, but then I remembered I was doing funeral stuff. That was more important.
Ok, NOW I'm gonna go and read. Or maybe I'll get something to eat first.
No comments:
Post a Comment