Saturday, 25 October 2008

Meditation

I wound up reading some blogs last night instead of going on to bed. And I did my meditating lying down in the bed in the dark and fell asleep.

I had a good day and a not so good day today. I had a leisurely morning. Called in sick to work (sort of). Mental health day is what I needed. Helped a relative. Did birthday shopping, talked to my sis on the phone while I was shopping for her present, framed a watercolor for another friend who helped me a while back and then I packaged it for shipping, had lunch with a friend, wrapped a birthday present, went to the surprise 40th birthday party at TGIF for Mary, drove my aunt home, came home briefly before going to a play with Lee and Hunter, where we met up with Lee's girlfriend and her son.
Yes. You heard right. This is the part where it starts being a not so good day. Listened to Lee praise attributes of his girlfriend while we were driving out to Christ School. My options, though, were to stay at home alone where I would have cried about being home alone, or going along and seeing him with her. I did not expect that he would be saying nice things about her to me on the trip. He said a nice thing about me, too, when he realized what he had done.

I am here now with Hunter, though, while he sews the vinyl version of the vest. We are listening to Hunter's Jango stations. I thought I was going to write a poem about pain, but I decided to blog instead for now. Maybe later I will be able to put my thoughts into poem form.
Or maybe I'll just try to think about something else instead. Get off of the "pain" track.

Sad songs they say soo much (that's the song playing at the moment--Elton John).

later.....

2 comments:

Fran said...

I love you so very much. Had a great time today at Friday's with my 3 girls (and the rest of the family, too).

Mary said...

Thank you for the gift and the company. I really enjoyed my surprise party. I have the best family and the best sisters. Keep trying to think of the positive parts of the weekend, and let the negative go. Love you, M