Thursday, 23 October 2008

Popcorn is GOOD! Smells so corny when it is popping. Crunches so nicely between the molars....mmmmmm........salty......lick my fingers clean!

Ok, that's my small attempt at creative writing for the time being. Good thing I don't have to do that for a living....

Hunter is custom making a vest for a friend for her Halloween costume. He has already made (as in found and bought the materials and sewn them up) an Indiana Jones bag to go with his own costume. He LOVES making things. Always has, in fact, watching him make the miniature paper version of what he plans to make out of vinyl reminds me of when he was a youngster and would spend time cutting and taping paper together into the most unusual items; a toolbox with tools, etc.

He was doing geometry even back then before he knew what it was. He is a left-brained introvert and he amazes me with his perseverance in these creative pursuits. I have been known to be like that when I was inspired. Like when I made theme birthday cakes for my kids (ghostbusters, or pound puppies, candy land or pirates,) and like when I painted designs on a t-shirt for them for their birthday beginning with a strawberry explosion from the book Jamberry for Ian's 2nd birthday. Man, those were the days! I loved having time to do those things. I miss that.

I was blessed to be able to do that. I know that.

Now I want to buy a $2600 1979 RV and go traveling across the country.....but I don't like driving.....hmmmmm..... who likes to drive?

All I have to do is sell my condo and all its contents and use that money to travel on.
It's a thought. And when I run out of money I will hook up to a camp ground and sell my body to buy groceries and camp space........Just kidding of course........I would steal the groceries.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, Lynn? I don't think a 2600.00 '79 RV will get you very far. Better to find someone with a newer more cushy one who will drive you around and they pay. Just my 2 cents. Oh yeah, re: making stuff.....I made pumpkin pie before I went to work yesterday and bread pudding the night before. I'm on a roll.....

Juno Lucina said...

I remember when you helped me decorate Eli's first birthday cake. We were self righteous vegans then and I made a cake in the shape of a cow to pay homage to the fact we weren't using dairy. You did the icing! Yeah, those were fun days. Now I'm going to go eat my egg & cheese omelet.

Mary said...

I liked the last part about you not selling your body and stealing hte groceries. You make me LOL...out loud.