Monday, 8 June 2009

video rap

At 10pm my two youngest sons are busy working on Chase's final exam project for Music Appreciation. He has procrastinated on this project for a week. It is due tomorrow. They are writing a rap about him procrastinating on the project and they filmed themselves doing some random things around the house and outside and made up a bunch of things that they supposedly did instead of working on the project. So they are making a rap music video as his final exam project. I hope it turns out well. Some of the dancing they did in the parking lot looks real funny slowed down or sped up. I am looking forward to this.

Now, you all saw the trailer for the movie Shoot Out that Chase and Hunter and friends were working on during all of Spring break,.....well it is finished now as it was part of Joshua's Senior exit project. He will be attending Savannah School of Art and Design this fall in the film making program. When he showed the video to the video production teacher, the teacher said it was beautiful and wanted permission to have a copy to use for teaching in future classes. Mr. Luther also said the writing and the plot was very good (Chase was responsible for most of that).
I hope to see that 20 minute movie soon. I think he will show it at his graduation party next Sunday.

If we can get copies we'll let you know. Otherwise it may show up on youtube, but the trailer was not good quality on there and the whole movie might not be either. We'll see.

I have volunteered to take on the task of putting a little garden on the north side of the Bahai Center. I have to round up some gravel, dirt and plants from people's yards and hopefully won't have to spend any money. I have a space to fill approximately 18 inches by 52 inches and about a foot or so deep.

Ok, so now it is 11pm and the video is done (very, very improv). They are trying to put it on youtube as I write. If successful I will embed here for your viewing pleasure.

2 comments:

Bonnie and John said...

opps!I put my comment on the wrong blog. you will have to read the nice weekend blog.
sorry, see why I don't do this much!

Fran said...

That was terrific!!! Good job, guys! I'd be interested in knowing how well it was received at school...