I love metaphors.
Just a quick little update. Today is day 5 of the Baha'i Fast and so far so good. I thought yesterday I was getting sick, but it passed and i was able to fast the whole day. YAY!
I had a visit with Damaris and we did stuff I really "needed" to do. We went shopping and I bought something new for myself that I really like in a non-thrift or consignment store. If I was on my own I probably wouldn't have even gone into any cool downtown stores, but I had a friend to "entertain" so we went into the Open Door and I got a very cool sweater/shawl thingy. Guess what color! You got it---green! We had planned to attend a prayer gathering at the Baha'i Center after dinner, but while out shopping we saw a poster for a play at NC Stage Company that looked really good (I love Scott Treadway and Charlie Flynn-McIver) so we decided to check it out. Usually when I go see a play I usher so it doesn't cost me anything because they are pretty expensive, but I learned last night that ushering pays even more now since the ticket prices went up about $10! It cost $28 for one ticket. But it was worth it! Hilarious play and I sure did need a good laugh. Then we walked over to the French Broad Chocolate Lounge and got some great dessert! OK, I tried to create a link to their website, but can't get it to work. I got the video one below to work and I am following the same procedure. Oh well,anyway, I got a brownie with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
When we arrived home I realized how late it was--11:30pm--and figured I should go straight to bed since 6am comes early and we would be getting up then to eat and drink.
One of the things I love about the Fast is how much more aware I become of so many most-of-the-time-insignificant things, which I am having a hard time thinking of at the moment. I gain a strength from knowing that I can do it. I also am mindful of people in the world who don't even get to eat the breakfast I had at 6 am and are hungry all the time or who don't have clean water to drink. We have a long way to go before the world is balanced in that area where nobody goes without the things they need to survive. Which reminds me of a video I want to post if I can figure it out.
http://www.wimp.com/wecould
Oh I posted this back in February.
Oh well, here it is again if you missed it or you just like watching it like I do. I have some minutes to type for a meeting tomorrow.
Since I am short on time I will call it a blog.
later!
No comments:
Post a Comment