"My children never cease to amaze me" is a cliche phrase, yet I must use it here. Well, I guess I don't HAVE to, but I am going to. I saw Chase perform tonight at the school in a student written and directed one act play. I have seen him, as have many of you, doing the "Whose Line is it Anyway" improv stuff and so I shouldn't be surprised, oh and I have seen a few of his homemade videos where he has lines, but still, he had a serious part tonight and he was fantastic! There was a funny surprise in his performance (that wasn't a surprise to me since he let the cat out of the bag accidentally) too that I really enjoyed. I won't say too much before you get a chance to see the play (I know Luella is going tomorrow night). Speaking of Luella, Joshua did a great job, too. I know you will enjoy his performance.
So, this is one of those proud moments as a parent, seeing your child do well in something they enjoy. I hope he continues to do some of that, but I know he really has his heart in his music, so he may not pursue it that much, but I will support him if he does! I just can't get over how natural he seems at it.
But, also, almost all of the other plays tonight were enjoyable as well. Sometimes they are not, but this year they were all pretty good to excellent. Well worth the $6 ticket in my opinion. Most were somewhat to really comedic.
I did not take the video camera because I wanted to just enjoy the performance. So, I won't have it to look at for posterity. Oh well. It has to be zen I guess.
I just love all my kids so much. They are wonderful and I feel blessed to have each of them in my life.
Today was the first day of Ayyam-i-Ha and I have not done much to prepare for it. I feel like the worst parent in the world. I have not gotten one gift yet for any of my kids and still don't know what to get them. Sad I know. My erratic schedule has not helped at all. And now I need to hit the hay as they say.
OH, I hit the hay without publishing this so it is being published a day late.
I am so scattered these days. Isn't that a Rolling Stones song? :)
3 comments:
One of the reasons I rarely comment, is because I am usually signed on with Steven's ID and I don't realize it until after I have written a long comment and then when I try to change Id's I lose the whole thing. Then I get frustrated and give up. But I do read all your posts. I check it regularly for new entries. I am so sorry I will not get to see Chase in his play. I know how exciting it is to see your child on stage. I am glad he seems to like it. The girls are dancing at the Center tonight for the Ayyam-i-Ha party. They have worked hard, I hope you are able to come, but I understand if you are going to see Chase again tonight. I hope I get to see you sometime over the weekend regardless. Love you!
Go see him again and tape it! Watch it once unencumbered, then watch it again to record it for posterity.
I would love to have seen Chase in that play. I am so glad you decided to tape it. Can't wait to see it. If you could burn it on a CD then we would have our own and we could share it with Tag's family when we go.
love ya!
Post a Comment