For some reason, oh I was looking for a letter I had written years ago and saved, I started reading some of my old journals I used to keep when the kids were little. I laughed at this one and wanted to share it. Evan was 6 years old, Ian was 3 and a half and Donovan was 9 months.
Wednesday 10-7-92
It's a school day. I was sitting at the table with Evan and we were talking. Ian, who had been awake as long as Evan, came over and crawled up into my lap. Evan and I continued to talk. Then Ian pulled my face around to his and said, "Say Hey Ian" and I said "Hey Ian" and he said "or you could say something like..." and I said "How about good morning sweet boy!" and he said, "Yeah, something like that." It was funny how he wanted me to acknowledge him for the day or something.
Well, while I am sharing entries I laughed at...
September 22, 1994
I asked Ian to tell me all the badwords he knew and here they are: Shut up! Stupid, Weiner, Vagina, Hate
This is all he has caught onto so far by the age of 5 and a half.
Evan (8) knows these: F--k, Hell, S--t, Damn. Later he remembered two more: ass, asshole
As I re-read this I think to myself, how does an 8 year old know those words? We didn't use them (at least in their presence as far as I know).
Oh my gosh, this journal is cracking me up!
May 22, 1996 Wednesday
That Hunter (7) has a sense of humor that I don't see in him often. A little bit ago he asked me if I had seen his dirty rotten shoes. I said, as I was picking my nose, "No I haven't. Have you seen my dirty rotten boogars?" I then put the kleenex in his face and he didn't flinch or make a face. He only looked at me and said, "Don't tempt me." Then he non-chalantly walked away.
This journal is also very touching.
June 18, 1996 Tuesday
I want to record this touching moment that just happened. Donovan (4.5) was hitting David and Evan with his stuffed animal (pound puppy) and David grabbed it and pulled. Donovan got upset about that and I told HIM that he shouldnt' be using his toy as a weapon 'cause that would also tear it up. I sent David and Evan outside 'cause they were too wild and a few minutes later I heard Donovan crying and talking about something. He was in a fort with Joshua H. talking to his puppy. He was apologizing to his puppy for hitting people with him. It was soo sweet and moving to hear him talking to the toy as if it had feelings.
Now I have no idea what this next entry was about
1997 November 23
Grand Ideals
How
Perfection
Love
Good Intentions
With Gold we Test Our Servants
Crumbling Pillar
No Joy
Then there is the one about the time the boys and a neighor friend were capturing their farts in containers (jars, plastic Easter eggs, film canisters, empty peanut cans, etc) and then asking people to open and sniff the containers. Shoooey! Boys!
Those are from one of my journals. I shall read some more and report later!
No comments:
Post a Comment