I enrolled in a watercolor painting class again and went to MY first class yesterday, I missedTHE first class due to a previous commitment. This was a different teacher than last time and she does things totally different from the last teacher. I actually like her a lot. Paula Parker is her name. We did more actual painting and learning techniques in this one class than I remember doing the whole time in my last class. It was fun!
I remember one of our first projects in the class before was a still life and you have to be able to draw the things you see in front of you. And then we painted them but hadn't really done much experimenting first and I got soo frustrated that it was supposed to look like something when we didn't yet know what we were doing.
Yesterday's class was more abstract. In case you don't know, watercolor is one of the harder mediums to work with, but also one of the most versatile in the things you can do with it. You can paint light and watery, or dark, you can paint exact lines or blurry lines. One thing you must do if you don't want your colors to bleed into each other is to let an area dry first and then you can paint next to it.
We did a resistance thing where we drew on the paper with a white crayon and then painted over it, but the paint doesn't go where the crayon is, so it leaves whatever design you drew or makes it appear magically.
Pretty cool.
2 comments:
That is cool. I am glad you are painting again. It's good for you.
Good for you...I hope your class goes well. I look forward to seeing what you have done.
Post a Comment